Michelle provides knowledge and experience that help today’s companies manage transformational improvement in working relationships and foster a psychologically healthy environment with engaged and productive employees. By leveraging strong facilitation and coaching skills, and a mediator’s toolbox of strategies and processes, Michelle can support organizations to plan and execute programs of change in the areas of
• Employee retention and productivity
• Culture change
• Workforce engagement
She is a Chartered Mediator and trained Ombudsman. Her background in engineering developed a systems thinking approach and enables her to analyse complex situations to successfully support those involved to shift thinking and create innovative results.
Michelle is a partner with Workplace Fairness West and has extensive experience with public and private organizations delivering change management and conflict resolution services. Michelle provides workplace assessments to shift cultures, facilitates teams to reach innovative solutions, and coach individuals to gain insight and awareness when in conflict. Michelle believes that values-based collaborative dialogue in the workplace leads to innovation, engagement and productivity.
Michelle has provided services to many small and medium businesses government organizations and other public corporations. She has assisted the health and technology industries and oil/gas companies across Canada to meet their organizational goals.
Learning and Development. Michelle is currently a coach with the Mount Royal University and the ADR Institute of Alberta’s Conflict Resolution Programs and has acted as a mentor with Women in Leadership and the APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists) Mentoring Program. She has developed and presented workshops with the HRIA (Human Resources Institute of Alberta), Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion, the Canadian Mental Health Association, APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers, and Geoscientists of Alberta), the Calgary Public Library Senior Staff and many other organizations.
To learn more about Learning & Development, click here.
- Certificate in Mediation & Negotiation – Justice Institute of BC – 250 hours – July 2008
- Negotiation Mastery & Leading in Turbulent Times – 2 days – 2009
- AAMS (Alberta Arbritration & Mediation Society) – Annual Conference – May 2009
- CINERGY Conflict Coaching – 5 days – April 2010
- Conference for Conflict Management Professionals – 2 days – October 2010
- AAMS (Alberta Arbritration & Mediation Society) – Annual Conference – May 2011
- People to People Conference – 2 days – September 2011
- ADRIA (ADR Institute of Alberta) – Annual Conference – May 2013
- Workplace Fairness Analyst – 2 day Training – Workplace Fairness Institute – July 2013
- Essential for Ombuds – Osgoode Law School – 5 day training – York University and Forum of Canadian Ombudsman – September 2013
- ADR Institute of Canada – National Conference – 2 days – October 2014
- EDX – Theory U – Online Course exploring the unknown in coaching difficult group dynamics.- November 2014
- Workplace Bullying and Incivility Conference – International Association of Workplace Bullying & Harassment – July 2015
- Respect in the Workplace Webinar – Certification through Respect Group (www.respectintheworkplace.com) – November 2015
- Brene Brown – Rising Strong – One Day – Feb 2016
- Managing Abrasive Behaviour – One Day Workshop – Boss Whispering Institute of Canada – April 2016
- Workplace Mental Health Accommodation – Two day conference (hosted and attended) – May 2016
- Mental Health First Aid – Mental Health Commission of Canada – October 2016
- Mastery in Coaching – 3 days – February 2017
- Playing at the Edge – Team & Group Coaching – 1 day – October 2017
- Restorative Practices – 3 day Conference – April 2018 – (presented and attended).
- International Association of Facilitators – 2 day Conference – May 2015, May 2018
Membership Past and Present:
- CMTT – Calgary Change Management Think Tank
- ADRIA – Appropriate Dispute Resolution Institute of Alberta
- HRIA – Human Resources Institute of Alberta
- ICF – International Coaches Federation – Calgary Chapter
- ACR – Association for Conflict Resolution
- APEGA – Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists
- SCN – Strategic Capability Network
- WXN – Women’s Executive Network
- Workplace Speaker’s Network
Memberships and Certifications
Workplace Fairness Analyst (2010)
Community Mediation Calgary Society – Past Board Member
Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Alberta- Member