16mayAll Day18FeaturedBoss Whispering: The Science & Practice of Coaching Abrasive IndividualsWorkplace Fairness West invites The Boss Whispering Institute of Canada to Alberta
Join us May 16, 17 & 18 as we welcome Sylvie Matteau, LLM, ABW, Partner at ADR Education and Director of The Boss Whispering Institute of Canada. This 3 day seminar
Join us May 16, 17 & 18 as we welcome Sylvie Matteau, LLM, ABW, Partner at ADR Education and Director of The Boss Whispering Institute of Canada. This 3 day seminar is designed to train you in the specific steps involved in successfully coaching abrasive individuals.
Abrasive individuals rub their coworkers the wrong way and may often be classified by others as bullies. Their words and actions create interpersonal friction with subordinates, peers, and superiors, grinding away at trust and motivation, inflicting deep wounds and disrupting the smooth flow of work.
These individuals present a significant challenge for the coach or conflict resolution specialist. Unable or unwilling to see the impact of their destructive styles on coworkers and on the greater organization, they can be highly resistant to traditional coaching methods. The need for specialists trained in the science and practice of coaching abrasive leaders is clear. Employers are desperate to find a solution for technically competent (and thus valuable) executives, managers, and professionals whose abrasive conduct results in organizational disruption.
In addition to her law background, Sylvie Matteau has been a mediator, trainer, and coach for over 24 years and was trained directly by Dr. Crawshaw. This is the first time this training has been offered in Alberta.
Through discussion, case studies, and interactive exercises you will learn:
- The Boss Whispering® method, based on evolutionary and psychodynamic theory
- Why abrasive leaders resort to interpersonal aggression in their management styles
- Why these individuals are blind to the nature and impact of their destructive behaviors
- How to take their blinders off and motivate them to care about their impact on coworkers
- How to fully engage abrasive leaders who resist coaching
- Managing employers’ anxieties and expectations
- The top 10 pitfalls to avoid
- Common myths about workplace “bullies” and workplace bullying
- How to permanently transform client behavior within 8-10 sessions
This seminar will appeal to Conflict Resolution, Human Resource, Mental Health and Coaching Professionals along with Organizational Psychologists and Practitioners.
Approved for 24 ICF CCE’s.
To learn more about this event please call 403-243-0147 or Email us. The price for this valuable 3-day workshop is $1795.
To receive our monthly newsletter, please click here.
may 16 (Monday) - 18 (Wednesday) MST